Transcending the "Get Money" Mentality


Greetings Readers!

I was checking out al my social media hangouts and I've noticed a lot of "resolutions" revolve around the phrase "Get Money". I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting more money (I'll take all I can get if it's being handed out [smile]). What I think we need to focus on is (1) Our money mind set and (2) reasons for desiring more money.

Many of us want desire (notice I didn't write need here) more money for necessities things like paying bills, clothing, food and shelter. Others want more money simply to acquire "stuff"; this is commonly referred to as "keeping up with the Jones". The majority of what's bought isn't needed; it's for showing off and to achieve a false sense of status and power. What generally happens is these people live their lives to accumulate stuff rather than cultivating a meaningful relationship with money. Therefore, when it's gone or when they feel they've accumulated everything they could want a feeling of emptiness takes hold and it's hard to shake. I know this from experience.

When a I changed my outlook about money several things began to happen:

  • I stopped being stressed out about how much money I had and/or when I was getting more.
  • It was no longer important to me to have the latest gadget of the moment (I'm a tech head)
  • I started giving more and as a result I received more.
I learned along the way that it's not about "getting" money but rather knowing that I'm worthy of abundance and as long as I focus on that I'll never be without what I need. Do I still desire things? Yes, I do. The difference now is I know that if it's something I really need and I focus my intention on it (and it's not for the purpose of harming myself or others) then 9.99 time out of 10 I receive it. So instead of wanting to get money this year focus on gaining a connection with the energy of abundance. You'll begin to see that you receive a lot more that way.

Two things this Monday for Meditate on This:


  • I attract all that my heart desires and receive it in Divine time.
  • I give freely knowing that The Universe will bring it  back to me tenfold.

Have a PERFECT day!

Michael Stagg



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

ShareThis