Remember Those Less Fortunate - Blankets for the Homeless


“The value of a man resides in what he gives and not in what he is capable of receiving.” - Albert Einstein


As some of you may know, either from reading this blog or from knowing me personally, my family and I were homeless for about three years. In that time we learned a lot about allowing ourselves to accept the kindness of others but more importantly how necessary it is to give of ourselves. 


Even in a state of homelessness we were able to buy a cup of coffee or a sandwich for those less fortunate than us. When we could not afford to buy it for them we shared what we had with them. Today as I was checking my Twitter account I came across this post at Surrender40 asking for a donation so that they can purchase blankets to distribute to the homeless for Christmas. I won't deny that this post made me tear up as I thought of the days of our own homelessness and though we were not on the street some of the places we stayed didn't have blankets to offer us and so we slept as close as we could to one another to keep warm during the winter months.


If you are able I ask that you visit their page here and donate as much as you can. You will feel great about the contribution and will be providing the comfort of warmth for someone less fortunate.


Meditate on This: "I give of myself knowing the Universe will reciprocate it back to me tenfold."


Have a PERFECT day!


Michael Stagg



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

ShareThis